Friday, February 24, 2006

Beat the heat!

Although its been only 2 days into March the weather makes me feel like I am already pushed deep into full swing summer in May. The afternoons especially are the worst, with the hot sun hitting right above my head and the much talked about mumbai power cut being implemented for a good 3hrs at the same time, I am pushed to the limits of my sanity.


Here are some eay to make and cool stuff u can enjoy during this summer

Vodka Golas

Smirnoff Vodka
Pine apple juice
Sugar Syrup

Note : Proportions as per taste

Form golas with curshed ice
squeeze lime on golas
Pour a soon of sugar syrup on each gola
Prepare a misture of vodka and pineapple juice (preferably a little thick syrup )
Pour the mixture over the golas .

Slurp it up !


Tarbooz witha a twist !

1 large ripe watermelon
1 bottle of smirnoff vodka

Cut a hole on the top of the melon wide and deep enough to insert a funnel.
Pour vodka into melon through the funnel. Let it sit for a day, the fruit will absorb the liquid. Pour some more th next day until it becomes saturated

Slice and savour the twist!
Enjoy the summer !

13 comments:

karmic 3/3/06 12:02 PM  

I would rather take the cold than the heat...

Viewer 3/3/06 1:27 PM  

@anjan : wish i could be in ur shoes

@amzu: U wiill have to wait til summer

@Karmi Jay : Me too

karmic 3/3/06 4:48 PM  

Viewer, Thanks for visiting my blog and your comments. I am rather new to having my own blog. I have been hanging out at a couple of political blogs in the US for a couple of years and have met the people who hang out there.
I am not sure about this, but I had read that the Alphonso mango was banned in the US because of pests? I doubt it though. It is a fact that you can only get the Alphonso mango in pulp form. We get mangoes here, but once you have had an Alphonso mango, it is more that likely you might not like other types. Maybe it is just me being spoilt and all. I have lovely childhood memories of summers spent eating mangoes. :-)
I do like your blog. I wonder how I can get people to visit my blog? Oh well never mind will keep blogging. :-)

Marie 4/3/06 6:13 AM  

ahh--to be in india right now--sun..heat...sooo wonderful

...and she awakes--still in the sunless state of new york--freezing in 19 degrees with windchill of below zero

enjoy your sunshine!!

Madhooo 4/3/06 10:47 PM  

Surprisingly, even Bangalore seems to be catching up with summer heat pretty early. And yes, it is damn hot.:(

Hash Gowda 6/3/06 10:44 AM  

Thanks to the rain(in B'lore) last weekend. That was a big relief.

Anonymous,  6/3/06 6:47 PM  

to beat the heat, you gotta drink a lotta water....not alcohol ;)....and i see a generous amount of alcohol in your recipes....

why dont you try this combination for counterbalancing effects :D

1. Shot of vodka
2. Glass of chilled Gatorade
3. Mix 'em well in a shaker and drink it straight up.

Viewer 7/3/06 9:05 AM  

@karmi_jay: I do agree that Alphonso is the King of mangoes and nothing comes close to that one.

@Hope : Well the grass is always greener on the otehr side. Here I wish I cud be somewhere cold and cosy and there u are wishing for some sunshine

@madhoo: Bglore was famouse for its pleasent weather but I guess thts changing now

@tenali : I wish it rained a bit in Mumbai too

@the Mottai Boss : well these are not quirky stuff people can try this sumem but thnks i will try wht u have got and am sure i will ejoy the stuff .. sounds intersting

@preetika : hikc ups - i like that !

karmic 7/3/06 5:30 PM  

@madhoo: Bglore was famouse for its pleasent weather but I guess thts changing now

As is world wide weather, climate change is for real and portends a rather worrisome future for the earth.

Pallavi 8/3/06 3:18 AM  

yeah summer is here... SIGH and I had just started to enjoy winter.

karmic 8/3/06 4:38 AM  

My wife is planning to visit in April for a week... ughhh

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP