Monday, March 24, 2008

How to be cool this summer

To many it’s not a big deal. Summer is just another season which will make you sweat a lot and then move on to another season. For me weather really has a direct effect on my lifestyle. During monsoon I am all happy and nostalgic sort of mood winters its time to cozy up and rent a lot of movies, summer drives me up the wall and I crib day in and day out. Yup but this time around (for a change) I am not cribbing about it. In fact I kind of enjoy the mocktails, thanda chaas (buttermilk), fresh juices and lime sodas. Don’t believe me check my archives :) So what is the key to a happy summer? A wee bit of change in lifestyle can really ease the heat this summer.
So here are things which can keep you cool this summer
  • Cotton is the mantra of this season. Yes its time to take out those cotton kurtas which are the bottom of your trunk. Seriously it really makes a lot of difference even you have a 24/7 air conditioning.
  • Go fresh! Eat lots of fresh fruits (melons especially, it is also good to loose those extra kilos) Stuff yourself with fruits. Fruits will keep you cool and fresh. Unlike heavy, spicy food which will trend to make you feel drowsy and heavy.
  • Liquids please! Many don’t feel like eating much due to the heat ( I am one of them) and hence skip meals. But a hectic day at work can drain you off all the energy. So substitute your meals (if you’re not in the mood for it) with fresh juices, lime soda and get a bit adventurous with some mocktails.
  • Avoid alcohol! It can get you all the more dehydrated (Alcohol dehydrates the body in any weather) and also trigger migraines (if you are prone to migraines)
  • Water; No am not talking about Deepa Mehta's movie here. Drink lots of water. You can lot health problems due to the heat by just increasing your water intake itself.
  • Carry an umbrella. Yes umbrellas not only protect you from rains but also from sun.
  • Always carry a high SPF sunscreen lotion. Lap it generously whenever you get out.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  26/3/08 11:19 PM  

Man I am dreading the summer in bangalore...

Anu 17/5/08 11:40 PM  

Wow. this was just the post i was looking for.. the summer just went uptp 98F in my place.. but atleast the flowers and greenery make up for it

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP